VATPHIL's Air Traffic Controllers are a group of members that are trained to simulate real-world air traffic control services to the virtual skies of the Philippines. You are reading this because you are probably interested in becoming an air traffic controller for the Philippines. If you are, continue reading.
If you already have some experience of flying in VATSIM, this will provide you with a head start, but it is not entirely necessary. You will no longer need a flight simulator to be an air traffic controller in VATSIM as all ATC software for VATSIM are free! Becoming a controller for VATSIM will require training before you can log on to the network.
This part will give you a step-by-step procedure on how to become a virtual air traffic controller in the Philippines. If you encounter any problems along the way, send us an email and we will try to get you sorted out.
For members that wishes to transfer to VATPHIL. Go to the VATSIM Membership Dashboard and change your region to Asia Pacific and your division to Southeast Asia (VATSEA) A staff member of VATSEA shall send you an email regarding your transfer once it has been processed.
Do note that this process might take a few days as it requires approval.
VisitingPlease note the few guidelines that are expected from a visitor:
- A visiting controller may not control on any position of the Manila FIR unless approved by the Manager of Training & Standards.
- A visiting controller should at least hold an S2 rating to be a visiting controller.
- A visiting controller should always follow local procedures.
- A visiting controller should review related documents for controlling.
- A visiting controller is expected to comply with the VATSIM Transfer and Visiting Controller Policy